This interactive course reveals the secrets of the copywriter’s craft and gives your skills an invigorating workout. You’ll learn a comprehensive method to help you generate ideas, maintain reader attention and bring your words to life. In a friendly and collaborative process, you’ll be planning, drafting, editing and reviewing against tight deadlines and word counts. You’ll also have the experience of giving and responding to a brief. You’ll exercise the advanced techniques you need to write for a wide range of channels. You’ll learn how to confidently generate new ideas, organise them persuasively, and bring your copy to life.
Who should attend?
• Copywriters or senior marketers who produce copy regularly
• Anyone who needs to manage the copy-stream more effectively
• Everybody who’s interested in the importance of copy in brand development
- Identify your own skills and locate your key development areas
- Find a distinctive voice and vary your register
- Respond to the reader contract, structurally and stylistically
- Develop, analyse, and critique copy productively
- Create and respond to copywriting briefs
- Produce copy for a range of channels
- Help colleagues and justify your copywriting decisions to others
- Quick wins – ways to improve your copy in moments
Most importantly, you will receive constructive advice about your own writing. The Copywriting Masterclass includes a series of writing assignments, including detailed feedback from the course director. You have the opportunity to work on real copy for your own use. A laptop is essential.