Chartered status is present in most industries and is recognised internationally. It can enable you to stand out from your peers, secure new opportunities as you work your way through your marketing career, and demonstrates you stay up to date and relevant.
Chartered Marketer is now more accessible to CIM graded members. With the world’s leading professional marketing body vouching for you, there’s no better way to demonstrate to colleagues or prospective employers your knowledge, and constant dedication to being a professional marketer.
How do I get Chartered?
You need to:
- Become a graded member (find out more about membership here)
- Complete two consecutive years of Continuing Professional Development (CPD), easily done through CIM’s CPD app which you can find on the App Store or Google Play store
- Pass the Chartered assessment.
Once Chartered, you can use the Chartered Marketer designatory letters and logo to demonstrate your unrivalled knowledge, skills and commitment as a professional marketer.
So, what are you waiting for? Become a member today and begin your journey towards becoming a Chartered Marketer.
Routes to become a Chartered Marketer
As a qualified marketer you must:
- Be at Associate (ACIM), Member (MCIM) or Fellow (FCIM) membership grade
- Complete two consecutive years of CPD
- ACIM’s to accumulate a total value of 35 credits during each CPD year
- MCIM’s and FCIM’s to complete four reflective statements aligned with the Professional Marketing Competencies framework during each CPD year
- Complete the online Chartered Marketer assessment, available on completion of the second consecutive CPD year. You will have up to five attempts to complete the assessment. These attempts will refresh each time you renew your membership and submit CPD until you have successfully reached Chartered Marketer status. Those who have completed a Level 7 qualification will not need to take the assessment.
Once you are Chartered
As a Chartered Marketer, you will be:
- Added to the Chartered Marketer Directory, unless you request otherwise
- Issued with a Chartered Marketer certificate to recognise your achievement
- Granted use of the Chartered Marketer logo* for your personal stationery and website
- Able to use the designation “Chartered Marketer” or “CMktr” after your name.
*To obtain a copy of the logo, please contact our Customer Experience team.
Once Chartered, simply completing CPD every year can maintain your status and demonstrate unrivalled knowledge, skills, and commitment; all assets you can apply to meet the needs and objectives of your organisation. Looking forward you can secure new opportunities as you work your way through your career.