Release: CIM introduces new virtual classrooms
CIM broadens e-learning proposition with virtual classrooms
- CIM responds to growing demand in training needs, with 38 new virtual classrooms
- Training for homebound and furloughed teams is critical for businesses’ capability to adapt during this crisis and to thrive afterwards
The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) has introduced a series of virtual classrooms, to encourage professional marketers to continue learning and development from home.
As more businesses turn to digital channels to maintain relationships with consumers in response to the coronavirus pandemic. CIM is seeing an increased demand from members looking to expand their digital marketing capabilities, looking specifically at PPC, SEO, paid social and copywriting.
In response, CIM has developed interactive, compact and more informal virtual courses focusing on these in-demand areas of training. Marketers can opt to participate in two types of virtual classrooms:
- Six week courses: Weekly 90 minute live and interactive sessions with fellow participants and a CIM course leader.
- Intensive workshops: Designed to simulate the traditional classroom learning experience with interaction between fellow participants and a CIM course leader.
In total, there are 38 new virtual classrooms spanning brand strategy, digital marketing planning, product management, customer experience and paid social. This follows CIM’s recent move to redevelop a wide range of courses for virtual delivery, including moving its most in-demand courses online.
With marketing budgets declining at their fastest pace since the 2009 financial crash, it is critical that leadership teams recognise the impact training plays in their businesses’ capability to adapt during this crisis, and thrive afterwards. Training such as this, is also under consideration from the Government, as pressure increases to extend the apprenticeship levy to cover digital training for homebound and furloughed staff.
Discussing the new virtual class Olivia Marsh, Brand Manager at Glenmark Pharmaceuticals said: “I really enjoyed the managing the brand course, the content was excellent, with the right balance of theory and real-world examples. The templates for ‘brand on a page’ and ‘strategy on a page’ are tools that everyone can implement quickly and are a great physical take away. Encouraging webcam use and individual participation worked well and kept every member of the class engaged throughout.”
James Sutton, Commercial Director at CIM said: “The feedback we’re getting from businesses is that people need a different type of training course at the moment. They need to be digital of course, but in a way that still allows that two-way interaction with the course leader. People are also looking for shorter courses, that allow them to upskill quickly in the short term, perhaps to make the most of a period being furloughed, for example. Our new offering responds directly to this need.”
“It is therefore absolutely necessary that we adapt our training needs too, to ensure that marketers are equipped with the skills to thrive post-pandemic. Our virtual classrooms are available to all levels, and look to address this.”
The new virtual classrooms will add to CIM’s growing portfolio of online services, which include: webinars, podcasts and training materials and online courses like the recently launched ‘Digital Marketing Channels’ course.
To find out more or to book a virtual classroom, visit: https://www.cim.co.uk/training/list-courses/#training-courses
Notes to editors
Full list of virtual classrooms available:
Six week courses:
- Influencer Strategy
- Digital Copywriting
- Facebook Advertising
- Digital Marketing Strategy and Planning
- Digital Marketing in Practice
- Principles of Great Copywriting
- Strategic Brand Management
- Marketing Strategy in Practice
- Social Media Strategy
- Leadership Skills for New Managers
- Digital Marketing Strategy Masterclass
- Marketing Principles
- Product Management Principles
- Customer Experience Management
- Managing the Brand
- Copywriting Masterclass
- Content Strategy
- Digital Content Marketing Principles
- Digital Copywriting for Social & Content
- Digital Copywriting and Content for Email & Websites
- Managing Marketing Communications
- Product Innovation (NPD)
- B2B Digital Marketing Strategy
- Email Marketing Principles
- Strategic Leadership for Marketers
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Digital Marketing Principles
- Strategic Marketing
- PPC Google Ads
- B2B Marketing Strategy
- Google Analytics
- B2B Copywriting
- Brand Storytelling
- Social Media Principles
- SEM Principles
- User Experience (NEW)
- Content Marketing
- Marketing Communications Principles
For media enquiries
For further information please contact the Chartered Institute of Marketing press office at Good Relations on CIMTeam@goodrelations.co.uk
For CIM enquiries
CIM Head of PR and External Engagement
The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) is the world’s leading professional body for marketing, with over 28,000 members worldwide, of which there are over 2,500 Chartered Marketers.
CIM’s mission is to create a marketing advantage for the benefit of professionals, business and society with a focus on export, data and skills. CIM believes marketing is the critical factor in driving long term organisational performance.
CIM provides members and organisations with five key benefits:
- Partnership – CIM is a professional and organisational partner to support performance and career development
- Education – CIM allows individuals and businesses to continuously upskill
- Information – CIM keeps members up to date with the latest marketing thinking, and keeps organisations at the forefront of practices
- Connection – CIM provides access to services, expertise and peers
- Recognition – CIM is the global benchmark of professional competence
For more than 100 years, CIM has supported, represented and developed marketers, teams, leaders and the profession as a whole. There are 120 CIM study centres in 32 countries and exam centres in 132 countries worldwide. In the last year, over 7,500 people registered at over 230 UK CIM events. Find out more about CIM by visiting www.cim.co.uk.
For all press enquiries, please contact the media team:
An overview of CIM our history and services.
To receive sector specific news: