Release: CIM announces winners of the Volunteer Awards 2022
CIM announces winners of the Volunteer Awards 2022
On 18 July, the CIM Volunteer Awards 2022 ceremony recognised and celebrated the efforts of individuals and teams from across CIM’s volunteer network. Hosted as an online event, judges and nominees gathered for the third virtual awards ceremony.
Andrew Yuille, vice chair of the CIM board of directors hosted the event and announced the individuals and teams who were highly commended or had won the prestigious awards. The event was hugely popular with the volunteer community, with each award greeted with clapping and cheering and even some emotional acceptance speeches.
This year, there were 36 nominees vying to win one of five individual categories as well as two team awards to be won. Additionally, for the first time, five of CIM’s international regions were also invited to nominate their volunteers for both the Unsung Hero and Volunteer of the Year Awards.
CIM’s Head of PR and Engagement, James Delves and CIM’s volunteer partnerships managers, Philip Preston and Judith Mason headed up the judging panel, who deliberated over the nominations to reach a consensus on winners and those highly commended.
Andrew Yuille, vice chair of the CIM board of directors, said: “I certainly did not envy the judge’s task this year, as the standard of entries was incredibly high. We’re obviously disappointed not to be able to celebrate with our nominees in person, but I would like to thank everyone who contributed to making the online ceremony such a success and to congratulate our worthy winners.”
“Our volunteer network is such an important part of CIM. The CIM volunteer awards are a great way to congratulate everyone’s hard work and to shine a spotlight on the great achievements, which have been made this year.”
Communities lie at the very heart of CIM. Being a part of one of CIM's regional networks or Sector Interest Groups (SIGs) delivers benefits on many levels. As well as giving CIM members a voice on the critical issues facing marketing, our global community provides a network of knowledge sharing, networking and support.
Discussing their Team of the Year 2022 win, chair of CIM Scotland, Ellie Murphy said: “Volunteering positively impacts everyone involved, and that’s certainly true for the CIM Scotland team. It’s given us new connections, new work friendships, and challenges us to keep up to date with our own marketing skills.
“It allows us to interact with the marketing community in Scotland and engage with colleagues at every stage of their marketing journey from students just starting out to marketers with many years’ experience to share. The CIM Scotland marketing community is for everyone, members or not, and we’re looking forward to growing it further. To have been awarded this tremendous accolade from our peers at the CIM is simply the icing on the cake, and we’re extremely honoured.”
The winners and highly commended volunteers for 2022 are:
- Education Ambassador of the Year – This is awarded to the volunteer who has been an enthusiastic advocate for CIM, promoting careers in marketing to Undergraduate and Postgraduate students as well as the benefits of CIM qualifications, the Accredited Degree programme and CIM membership. Also, someone who collaborates well with and supports the Learner Partnerships Team.
- Highly Commended: Sam Lee (South East)
- Winner: Donna Harvey (Scotland)
- Communications Ambassador of the Year – This is awarded to the volunteer who has consistently produced good quality, interesting content for their region/SIG website, eNewsletter and social media, generating good levels of reach and engagement. Also, someone who collaborates well with and supports CIM’s PR team and regional PR agency.
- Highly Commended: Ewan Anderson (Scotland)
- Winner: Mark Dodds (FDA SIG)
- Events Ambassador of the Year – This is awarded to the volunteer who has planned and executed an innovative and highly successful events programme or events series, delivering a strong profit performance and impressive customer satisfaction scores.
- Highly Commended: Gillian Williamson (Scotland)
- Winner: Gerry Vincent (South West and Channel Islands)
- Unsung Hero – This is awarded to the volunteer who quietly, efficiently, and effectively gets things done and is always willing to help when an extra pair of hands is needed.
- Highly Commended: Di Tunney (Midlands)
- Winner: Thrity Engineer (Kenya)
- Volunteer of the Year – This is awarded to the volunteer who shows real passion and commitment, consistently goes the extra mile and is a real driving force behind the successful delivery of their allocated project or role on the Regional Group/SIG.
- Highly Commended: Johnson Lo (Hong Kong) and Terry Nicklin (East of England)
- Winner: Rachel Emson (North West)
- Innovation of the Year – This is awarded to the region or SIG that has introduced a new initiative, event or comms campaign, that is not only innovative but exemplifies best practice and has scalability, i.e., can be rolled-out to other regions and SIGs.
- Highly Commended: CIM Greater London for their CMO Panel event and CIM Ireland for their Becoming Chartered event
- Winners: CIM East of England for their Digital Marketing Conference
- Team of the Year – This is awarded to the region or SIG that has not only achieved but also exceeded objectives relating to two or more of its key activities - events programme, comms activity, education liaison and outreach (including sponsors and partners).
- Highly Commended: CIM Wales
- Winners: CIM Scotland
For CIM enquiries:
CIM Head of PR and External Engagement
CIM PR Executive
For over 100 years, CIM has supported the marketing sector. With over 20,000 members in more than 100 countries, CIM strives for business leaders and opinion formers to recognise the positive contribution professional marketing can bring to their organisations, the economy and wider society. We support, develop and represent marketers, organisations and the profession all over the world. Our ability to award Chartered Marketer status recognises a marketer’s commitment to staying current and abiding by a professional Code of Conduct. While our diverse range of training courses and world-renowned qualifications enable modern marketers to thrive in their roles and deliver long-term success for businesses. Find out more about CIM by visiting www.cim.co.uk
For all press enquiries, please contact the media team:
An overview of CIM our history and services.
To receive sector specific news: