Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice and support for Members
To help our members during these challenging times, we’ve pulled together a range of resources that we hope will be of use to you. As more information becomes available we’ll update this page, so ensure you revisit over the coming weeks.
Business and personal legal advice
As a CIM Member you have access to free legal advice through Law Express, one of the UK's leading providers of independent telephone advice. Available 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday, they can help you with any business and personal legal advice including insolvency, data protection, taxation, commercial law, employment, debt, family law and consumer rights.
Before calling, please have your membership number to hand and be mindful that due to high call volumes, there may be a delay in receiving a call back. To find out more, visit the free legal advice section within MyCIM (log in required).
CIM Benevolent Fund
The Chartered Institute of Marketing Benevolent Fund (CIMBF) offers support and advice to CIM members (past and present) and their dependants when misfortune befalls them. This support, encouragement and advice may be in collaboration with others such as the Citizens Advice Bureau or SSAFA and generally is intended for:
- The relief of immediate hardship.
- To help provide a significant enhancement to the quality of life.
- To help with an enhancement to health.
- To enable the continuation of independent living.
- To assist in decreasing future living costs.
- To contribute to a safer lifestyle.
- To provide relief in an emergency situation.
- To enable the applicant to continue to work.
To contact CIMBF, please visit their website where you can apply online.
Exchange – your information hub
CIM has recently published a range of articles to help you navigate the unchartered waters of the coronavirus crisis:
- foster open lines of internal communication by making employee engagement a priority
- learn from seasoned freelancers with these four ways to make the most of working from home
- maintain resilience in our fast-moving sector and prioritise mental health with a ‘sanity check’
We’ll be publishing more relevant features and webinars in the coming weeks, so ensure you regularly visit Exchange to keep up to date.
Continue your professional development
Virtual delivery for our training courses is now available, so you can continue to learn from the comfort of your home. We’re currently updating our course information, so please contact one of our Learning Advisors on +44 (0)1628 427360 or email email@example.com for information on pricing and dates.
Our new ‘Digital Marketing Channels’ online course developed in partnership with Target Internet, is for anyone looking to develop practical digital marketing skills. Learn how to drive website traffic, improve conversion rates and much more. For more information and a 10% member discount, please click here.
Also, remember that all Exchange content, including blogs, webinars and podcasts, is CPD eligible, so you can maintain your learning even if you’re not at work. Visit MyCPD or use the app to keep track of your learning and development activities.
Business advice from the UK Government
- Available financial support for business
- Check Statutory Sick Pay (SSP): employer guide
- Coronavirus business factsheet
Advice for small business owners
- Advice and guidance for small businesses and the self-employed
– Federation of Small Businesses
International businesses advice
- Advice for UK businesses trading internationally
– Department for International Trade