March 02, 2020
6:00 PM - London
At this latest UEL/CIM Marketing Club event we will look at why everyone is jumping on the podcast advertising bandwagon. Using Spotify as an example we will explore what it is, how you buy it, how you measure it and the different types of ads there are (e.g. host ads).
1. An introduction to podcasts
- When did they start, by who, is usage up or down?
2. What is podcast advertising?
- Demonstrate the different ways to do podcast advertising, using Acast as the example podcast platform
- Showcase how you buy it, how you measure it, the different formats
3. So why podcast advertising?
- Go through advantages of podcast advertising
4. How Spotify’s recent announcement on advanced measurement will be changing the space
- If Spotify will be able to do what Acast already does, how will this change the space?
5. What are the limitations to podcast advertising?
- Disadvantages and obstacles to choosing podcast advertising
6. Have you heard about interactive voice ads?
- What are interactive voice ads?
- How could they change how advertisers market?
7. So what would the process look like?
- Run through of an imaginary brief from a brand, explaining the process, from audience insights to campaign execution
Individual briefs will be handed out to each group where they will need to derive a campaign plan for a brand wanting to invest in podcast advertising.
Speakers: Lisa Sajwani and Omri Kedem, Croud Digital
Lisa Sajwani is the Strategy and Planning Executive at digital marketing agency Croud, where she deep dives into competitor and market analysis to unlock opportunities for Croud's clients. She has previously worked for Sainsbury's owned data-driven marketing agency i2C (home of the Nectar card), where she used offline customer data and insights to create proposals for clients and prospects.
Omri Kedem is a Senior Programmatic Media Manager at digital marketing agency Croud, where he is responsible for planning and executing display programmatic campaigns and undertaking industry analysis. He began his career in Publicis Media working on their network agency trading desk with big-name clients such as Fiat Chrysler, Maserati, Samsung and Procter & Gamble.
Attendance is free for University of East London Students.
CPD Category: Integrated marketing communications
Duration: 1.5 hours
Registration and networking is from 18:00; the event starts at 18:30 and finishes at 20:30. If you are a non-EU resident, please contact the Regional Events team to make your booking.