Aims of the module
This module enables you to take a strategic approach to branding at a product/service level so that it is consistent with the corporate brand and impacts reputation positively. You will gain the skills to establish and position brand strategy, and also manage the brand so it continues to deliver the brand promise. You will also be able to ensure the success of the brand through adequate resourcing and monitor and maintain the brand in the long term.
The module comprises three units of two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria and will be assessed by way of assignment. By the end of this module you should be able to
Unit 1: Brand Strategy
- Understand how brands are defined and positioned to add value to organisations (15%)
- Assess the elements of brand strategy (15%)
Unit 2: Brand Management
- Understand the factors that drive brand identity and success (15%)
- Develop a brand plan to deliver the brand strategy (20%)
Unit 3: Brand Metrics
- Apply a range of techniques to manage the resources to deliver the brand plan (15%)
- Interpret brand metrics and adapt the brand plan for continuous improvement (20%)
- The assessment will require submission of an assignment based on a theme and an organisation of choice.
Explore the full Diploma in Professional Marketing qualification.
CIM level 6
Estimated study time
Please contact your Accredited Study Centre directly
Please contact your Accredited Study Centre for the total cost of this module.
Below is a breakdown of the studying costs for this module:
- £190 assessment fee, payable to CIM. Assessment fee for students who reside in countries eligible for an international reduced rate is £150.
- Plus CIM Studying Member fee of £65, payable annually for each year of the duration of your studies.
- Plus Accredited Study Centre tuition fees.
Please note: fees are reviewed on an annual basis and are subject to change.