Aims of the module
In this module, you will learn about the role of marketing in the organisation and the key concepts that underpin the activities of the marketer. You will explore the marketing environment, customer behaviour in the digital age, market research and the marketing planning process. This will include the marketing mix and a tactical planning framework to aid marketing effectiveness.
The module comprises three units with two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria and will be assessed by way of examination. By the end of this module you should be able to:
Unit 1: The Marketing Concept
- Understand the contribution of marketing to the organisation (15%)
- Know what influences customer behaviour across a range of contexts (15%)
Unit 2: Analysis and Insight
- Understand the factors and trends in the marketing environment and how they affect marketing (15%)
- Know a range of options for gathering relevant marketing information (15%)
Unit 3: Marketing Mix
- Understand the application of the marketing mix within different marketing contexts (20%)
- Know how to apply and adapt the marketing mix to satisfy customer needs and business goals (20%)
Explore our Level 4 qualifications here.
CIM level 4
Estimated study time
Please contact your Accredited Study Centre directly
Please contact your Accredited Study Centre for the total cost of this module.
Below is a breakdown of the studying costs for this module:
- £150 assessment fee, payable to CIM. Assessment fee for students who reside in countries eligible for an international reduced rate is £130.
- Plus CIM Studying Member fee of £65, payable annually for each year of the duration of your studies.
- Plus Accredited Study Centre tuition fees.
Please note: fees are reviewed on an annual basis and are subject to change.