Marketers need to be able to selectively analyse data for insight and undertake effective decision making in relation to the utilisation of marketing resources. This module looks at the increasing volume and range of data, innovative methods of analysis and new measures of marketing effectiveness.
Aims of the module
This module examines the role of marketing metrics and establishes how an understanding of a range of measurement techniques can enable organisations to achieve marketing insights and strategic decision making. It provides an appreciation of how these techniques, aligned to business objectives, can establish and determine marketing effectiveness. It outlines the value of using appropriate data sources to enable analysis, and employing appropriate analytics tools and techniques to ensure effective marketing decision making.
Three units with two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria (weighting indicated in brackets). By the end of this module you should be able to:
Unit 1: Metrics and analytics
- Understand the role of marketing metrics (15%).
- Understand the significance of different measurement techniques across a range of market contexts (10%).
Unit 2: Measuring effectiveness
- Know the relevant measures of marketing performance (15%).
- Apply marketing metrics to establish the effectiveness of marketing activities (20%).
Unit 3: Analytics for decision making
- Understand appropriate sources data analysis (15%).
- Utilise various analytics tools and techniques for marketing insight and strategic decision making (25%).
- Assessed by assignment based on a given scenario and an organisation of choice.
Explore the full Diploma in Professional Marketing qualification.
CIM level 6
Estimated study time
Please contact your Accredited Study Centre directly
Contact your Accredited Study Centre for the total cost of this module.
Below is the breakdown of the costs:
Assessment cost: £180 (£140 in International Reduced Rate countries)*
Plus Accredited Study Centre tuition fees**
Plus CIM annual registration fee of £55***
*Discount available to members who reside in countries listed as eligible for an International Reduced Rate.
** Figures based on successful completion at first attempt; this price does not include the fee for any resits required.
*** The registration fee of £55 is payable annually for each year of the duration of your studies. The above CIM costs are based on the qualification being completed within 12 months.